Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Welcome From the Xmas Holiday

This is to welcome our friends and fans from the Xmas Holiday. I noticed this morning a surge of traffic which to indicated that our fellow gardeners are returning back from the holidays. Same with me here, all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. I hope you enjoyed the Yuletide, just as I did mine.

The only sad moment was the tragic loss of over a hundred lives that were scooping 'free' petroleum products from a vandalized pipeline in Abule-Egba area of Lagos metropolis, in Nigeria. The 'free' oil, led to their free deaths. It suddenly cast a shadow as the Xmas festive eclipsed yesterday. After the 'big boys' criminals took their two tanker loads worth several millions of Naira, and left unhurt, the 'small boys', street urchins took over to scavenge for a few liters costing between 1,000-3,000 Naira only. The result was the ugly calamity of deaths.

It was a horrific site to watch the remains of fellow humans burnt to ashes, because of greed and governmental negligence. Safety wasn't the concern of our leadership because their greatest Xmas preoccupation was the dog-fight in the Presidency, between the President and his Vice, about how to upstage each other. We must not relent in prayers for Nigeria as we approach another transition year, 2007.

Welcome, once again from the holidays. A longer one awaits us in the first three work-free day next week, next month and next year. Festivities unlimited! Happy New 2007 in advance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phil, it is a big pity that episode in Lagos. It is greed as you rightly stated and negligence on the part of ALL governments, especially the local ones who would like to play politics with the life of the citizens. I understand that under emergency conditions, the Gov. can mobilize the Police to action, but would need presidential approval to deploy the Armed Forces. So why do we pass the blame around where the police is concerned.

You hit the nail on the cross concerning Lorenzo's wife. If one is wondering if lie, lie and covering truths up is the pass time in Mexico, is unfaithfulness and changing partners that of Peru?
Barka da Sallah and Happy New Year in advance. I am already pissed off concerning the number of days I have to tame myself to work less next week.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?
I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and
I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

Feel free to surf to my webpage; vertical jump exercises