Friday, March 02, 2007

To Set You Free

The drama of Jenny's 'death' and resurrection dominated yesterday's episode. When she woke up on her hospital bed, she blamed Carlos for not allowing her to die.

She waxed philosophical when Carlos questioned her on why she attempted suicide. She said that she finally understood that he did not love her. saying: " ... I did it to set you free, so that you can go and marry Luisa Fernanda. for you to marry Luisa Fernanda, I have to be dead. I realize that I am the only one who is interested in this relationship. The only one who is guilty is me. You have never stopped loving the gardener's daughter. When you yelled at me for hitting her, which she deserved for kissing you, you took away my desire to live ... "

This lady, for the first time in this telenovela, told the truth with her stained and chronically lying lips. But because she remains unrepentant, she has become a keg of gunpowder waiting to explode anywhere and at any moment. She had to be handled with wisdom by Carlos. The Yorubas, of South western Nigeria, call such women nicknames like: "Pami'nku sori bembe soko". Literal meaning- 'headstrong wife daring a reluctant hubby to kill her'.


This suicide attempt scandalized the good name and reputation of the Gomez Ruiz family, as Carlos began to regret his attempt to abandon Jenny, Rosario came to strengthen his resolve not to go back into bondage of his emotional captor, who was now using her attempted suicide to draw sympathy and acceptance. As usual, AIThief 'stole' our entertainment fulfillment, by not showing this last portion of the episode 127 and Snippet 128.

Esmeralda remains one Grand Finale which I would post after this. Meanwhile, I have posted two episode: I Love Armando and Goodbye Little One.

No comments: